How Dolly (On-demand Delivery and Moving Service App) Has Raised 1MN Monthly Revenue) With Great Effective Solutions?
Posted on September 24, 2018 By Vishal Virani
Dolly, the on-demand delivery and moving service app, is all set to expand into Washington DC and San Francisco. The broad-scale expansion comes right after the company touched the $1Mn per month revenue generation milestone.
The company had earlier participated in the series A funding round in 2015, and raised $8Mn from Maveron. The startup’s main aim was to introduce the on-demand feature into the delivery and moving services. They want to give an Uber-like experience while moving large pieces of furniture and exceptionally large items.
The service was launched to offer this on-demand delivery app development feature to deliver a single piece of furniture or a single piece of large item. If you are planning to shift your entire house or planning to load/unload several large pieces of an item, this app is of no use to you.
Based out of Seattle, and launched in 2013, the company has raised a total of $9.7Mn. The company earlier expanded its services to the Portland, San Diego, Denver, Chicago, Boston and Philadelphia markets.
A lot of apps are offering the on-demand experience to the users in the logistics market. What makes Dolly different from them all?
- It does not offer on-demand for a large number of items. You get the on-demand delivery service for a single item.
- They ensure proper pricing and affordable rates for transfer of your goods from the showroom to your house, thus relieving you of the job of carrying those goods.
- You can book the vehicle type, based on your need, as in case of on-demand, giving you the freedom to choose from a number of vehicles.
- There are numerous convenience options available with the app for the end user.
- You don’t need to book the services for large items alone. If you have bought small items and need it delivered, you can use Dolly app.
Closing the Gap:
There are no apps that allow the users to book vehicles to transport their single items home. So, most of the times, when the people have bought a fridge or AC, they are either dependent on the store owner or have to get it home themselves. There is a lot of hassle either way. With Dolly app, they can get the items or furniture pieces’ home immediately. Dolly understood this gap that existed in the industry and closed it with a unique feature. This distinctive feature attracted the investors in the industry.
Easy and Convenient:
They introduced on-demand into the moving service industry, which means the users can enjoy the convenience and add comfort to their buying capabilities. The ease of buying and getting the goods back home is something that improves the experience of shopping for the customers.
The most important thing that you need to have in place before attracting investors is the ability to plan all activities. The company was able to expand its operations to Denver, and other cities, immediately after the opening up in Seattle owing to proper planning and strategies.
They are well aware of how often their services would be used and have a complete idea of their target audience. This makes it easy for them to expand to the cities they know will accept their services, and plan their methods of revenue generation.
Planning for an On-demand delivery app development Just like Dolly: Check Must-Have Features for your food delivery service app
If you are planning for a Dolly-like app for your business, here are the features that you need to introduce in your app for its success.
1. Offer them Choices: Just like Uber or Dolly, you need to offer the users with numerous choices to book from. Whether they want a simple small transport or, a huge vehicle, will completely depend on their needs.
Your app should include all the available choices and should make it easy for them to complete the choice. Also, include pickup and drop choices for the vehicle. This will make the booking easy for the user. The idea is to enhance the convenience.
2. Advance Bookings: Most of the apps allow for instant booking. However, there are times when the customer would want to book for the ride in advance. Your app should allow advance bookings as well. The need for advance booking is specifically important for customers who need a pickup at odd hours or require the services under special circumstances.
3. In-app Chat Support: There are times when the customer is not aware of certain app features or, wants support with respect to their ride. An in-app chat support will make the communication immediate and will improve their overall app experience. They will be able to raise the questions and get answers spontaneously with the chatting application.
4. Real-time Tracking: Like with Uber or any other on-demand app, real-time tracking is important for the users. This will tell them where the ride is, and how much time it will take for the ride to reach them.
5. Person Profile: The profile of the person delivering the goods is also essential for you, so that you can get an idea about the person driving your items. The detailed description and past ride details should be made available to your user in the app.
6 Push Notifications
There are lots of food ordering apps available in the market. When you are planning develop an on demand app like Dolly, there are a few things and important features you need to consider, which will help you get the best outcome.
The goal of the app you are planning to develop is important. Dolly was clear right from the beginning that they want to offer on-demand services to the small/big, single item shipping requirements posed by the customer. This goal allowed them to set the pricing for the vehicles as well as the plan for the fleet.
If your goal is clear, you will be able to set the milestones as well.
The market study is important as it will allow you to understand the requirements posed by the food delivery market, and the gaps that exist. You will be able to plan your app’s purpose and the features to be introduced in the app based on this study.
Design of the app is the second most important consideration for a well-defined application. The design will help you know if what you are planning is user-friendly or not. Your design should be done in phases, and every point should be clearly discussed with the client before it is finalized.
Planning the milestones for the on-demand solutions is also important. This will depend on the milestones for the company, as you will need to introduce the features accordingly. You should sit with the food delivery company’s team working on this project, understand their vision and plans, and accordingly plan for the application.
There are multiple delivery companies are into delivery businesses today. Some allow order placement to delivery service or some allow
Dolly’s current revenue per month is a result of proper planning and identification of the market’s target audience. It is also a result of well-defined mobile application and the design that maximizes the user experience.
If you want food delivery app development services or market demand food delivery app clone script to create a similar experience for your users with a mobile application, then connect with Coruscate we provide best on-demand food delivery app solution to any delivery app development needs. We will help you convert your on-demand mobile app idea into a successful application that will reinvent your business capabilities.
September 12, 2018
Planning to Create your Own Lyft-like Electric Scooter App? Here’s a Quick Solutions and Major Feature Considerations.
Lyft, a ride-sharing company, has spread its wings and unveiled its first-ever scooter app in Denver. The company has ventured into the dock less scooter and bike sharing business, facilitating …
Posted by Vishal Virani
March 4, 2019
Zomato raises $62 million: you too can generate huge revenues by building a Zomato like food delivery app
The Zomato app is used for discovering restaurants and is one of the famous food delivery platforms. According to a news article, it is said to be raising $62 million …
Posted by Ankit Virani
January 31, 2019
Shopping App Development : Wants to Make Money Fast Through a Shopping App Like Wish? Create Online Shopping App, Know, How Much will it Cost?
In the coming years, e-commerce is expected to grow to new heights. People are going crazy towards using mobiles. The trend of smartphones has increased from the time it got …
Posted by Vishal Virani
February 26, 2019
How developing a recipe app can help you to generate millions of dollars?
This content could prove helpful for the people who are in the cooking business. The professional chefs who are interested in sharing their recipes, the entrepreneurs in the food industry …
Posted by Dikshita Dudhat
September 10, 2018
Why You Should Invest In Developing Apps Like Zillow or Trulia For The Canada Real Estate?
Canada is gradually becoming the land of opportunities, with more people moving base to this land. This has also led to an increase in the opportunities for the real estate …
Posted by Vishal Virani
February 21, 2019
E Scooter App Development: Get Self-Repairing Electric Scooters for your users to provide safe Service
E scooter sharing has captured the whole world. Great efforts by many startups like Lime, Bird, and VOI have made these tiny vehicles run on the city roads like never …
Posted by Ankit Virani