With the roll of 2022, learners prefer the alternative to conventional on-campus, online programmes.
Now more than ever, the eLearning industry provides convenient learning solutions.
Many prove it correct, and eLearning app education is possible through smart gadgets. Through the interactive application of e-learning, students expect results.
Today, the e-learning domain induces many digital resources such as web apps, mobile apps and custom softwares.
Viewing the drastic increase in online platforms, online learning professionals want to look for better opportunities and plan to build apps.
If e-learning app development is a good idea, let's explore the possibility of doing it the right way.
Our development team and business analysts have been studying these e-learning platforms for quite a while. Our team has studied top e-learning platforms thoroughly and based on that here are the 8 effective tips on e-learning app development.
Top 8 Secret Tips for E-learning App Development - Learn What The Top E-learning apps have to offer!
Let's glance at the top tips without which developing the perfect e-learning app will seem to be a more challenging process.
1. It is important to know your users like Byju’s have done it successfully!
Byju’s was very clear about who their target audiences will be. They covered grade one students to JEE, NEET, CAT and many other aspirants.
Byju’s has developed its e-learning platform focusing on its target audience and ease of use for the target audience.
They wanted to cover a large target audience market, which is why they designed and developed different modules within the app for different users.
When you want to identify your target audience and want to understand their behaviour, follow mentioned below steps:
• The first step in developing an e-learning app is defining the idea and clearly understanding the target audience.
• It would be best to be sure about the audience you are planning to target because everyone will not be your target user.
• Ask questions while brainstorming such as
- Who will use the application?
- What are their needs to use an e-learning app?
- Why will the user use your application?
• An in-depth understanding will help them estimate users' needs and goals. If you think of future users, the app development becomes simple.
• Don't allow users to switch to alternative E-learning applications because they try to fulfil the knowledge quotient and content they are looking for.
2. Develop an Intuitive E-learning App like Duolingo
Duolingo allows their users to interact with the small modules. As users move forward with these modules, they are given small rewards!
These kinds of small details in the application make the app more user-friendly and intuitive and that is why Duolingo is known as the most intuitive app.
Key pointers to remember:
• For the promotion of active learning, mobile e-learning apps are responsible. Kids should have fun while learning from interactive apps.
• To avoid online learning non-distracting, the apps should be user-friendly and engaging and need a clear user interface.
• Instead of stuffing the app with complex functionalities, focus on the e-learning app which is more meaningful.
• However, apps should be well-built where learners can connect with previously learned subjects and assess a transparent gradation system.
3. Designing the Learning Format Makes the Difference - Choose the niche carefully like Coursera
There are different e-learning formats such as course-based learning, one-on-one learning, article-based learning, game-based learning, video-based learning and many more.
Coursera has chosen to embed course-based and video-based learning and developed its e-learning platform accordingly which now is famous globally.
Coursera has partnered with so many schools, colleges and universities and many other educational organisations to cover the whole education hierarchy.
• So once the target audience is decided then be specific with the learning format or niche for the e-learning app development.
• It is understood that app developers have clear goals and start to build plans accordingly.
• The e-learning app comprises different learning formats, and the app needs to pick the most effective learning method.
• Certainly, choosing the best option depends on your target users. If you manage to provide the best learning format for adults, it will be the audio/video format, whereas, for kids, it will be the gamification.
4. Define the Mission and Stick with it like FluentU
FluentU has a clear vision and mission that they want their users to help learn different languages and provide the necessary information in a friendly and engaging way.
By sticking to the mission, FluentU is now one of the top language-learning apps in India.
What is your take here?
• FluetU has focused on its motive of helping people learn different languages and the app is just like that.
• No other drama, stick to the core motive of the e-learning app.
• Just like that before going ahead with app development, you should bring insights into the mission of developing it.
• So you know better to whom the e-learning app will concern. Also, The clear mission of the app helps developers with the compact design of the app.
• This will allow you to build apps for kids and assist adults in learning professional courses.
5. The Layout Matters - Build a user-centric app like Unacademy
The above image shows how the whole layout and flow of the Unacademy app have been designed so that users don’t get distracted over any non-important things.
Unacademy is specially designed for students and different competitive exam aspirants. So they have to be focused while studying.
Unacademy understood that point and designed the layout of whole e-learning platform accordingly where their users face zero distraction.
Things to remember from this:
• A technical specification is a major prerequisite for project development.
• To get the optimum results, the app needs to bring the deepest details comprising technical requirements and functionalities.
• Ensure that it is integrated into your eLearning app before beginning the process.
• So, fetch the assistance of a hired app development company to develop an eLearning app for you.
6. Designing a Marketing Strategy like Byju’s
Byju’s is focused on its target audience and brand presence.
It has launched various marketing campaigns from having the biggest Bollywood superstar as a brand ambassador to breaking the myth about how mobile phones are not always bad for kids.
One of its campaigns is based on a parent-child relationship where they encourage parents that online learning is not bad for kids. This is how it gained the trust of parents around the country so they can encourage their children to use Byju’s.
• Just like these focus on marketing campaigns to create and establish the brand presence among the competitors.
• Promoting the app and making it popular requires a huge effort.
• To earn effective outcomes, don't switch from the core mission, i.e., targeting your key audiences.
• If you lack a team of marketing experts, you need to look for another alternative solution. The SEO marketing company can help you in the right manner.
7. Never Forget to Test the App
• No minimal negligence should be considered when it comes to e-learning app development.
• Spotting the errors in the app is necessary if you track on the right path.
• Through this particular step, there is room for improving the e-learning app.
• Launch the Beta version of your e-learning app and share it with a group of people to test the app.
• This practice allows you to monitor user behaviour with your e-learning app and you can make necessary changes accordingly.
• This is why extensive testing is required and can secure the feedback of the actual users.
8. Selection of Developers - Choose the right team!
• For the success of the e-learning app, it is worth investing in appointing a chosen set of developers.
• But how do you make sure about the right selection?
• Not to forget checking some key factors such as the
- Adeptness of developers in English
- Team experience and track record.
- Subject Expertise
- How Collaborative the team is and many others.
• The transparent cooperation terms help in the proper assessment of the app development.
Why Don’t You Asses These Key Factors with our Development team? Get Started with us and develop your e-learning app with us at Coruscate!
We have an experienced team of developers, data scientists, UI UX designers, QA engineers and business analysts.
Our 10+ years of experienced developers have successfully delivered 200+ digital solutions for our clients.
We will help your eLearning application to leverage all the benefits of AI to scale widely in the market.
What will happen once you reach out to us?
- Once you fill out the contact form, We’ll get your request!
- Our team will contact you within hours.
- Then we can discuss your ideas and business requirements for your application! (P.S. Don’t worry, We’ll keep this information confidential as we sign NDA contracts with our clients.)
- Our team will study your business requirements and market requirements, and present some app ideas that can work for your business!
- If everything goes right, then our team will start working on an e-learning platform for your business.
If you are looking for a dedicated app development company that understands your business requirements, then Contact Us here!