According to Techcrunch, Remento, a storytelling app, has raised funding of $3M and launched its iOS app. Remento captures and preserves family stories through its app.
What is Remento?
A storytelling app that captures and preserves family stories focused on a motto - Capture family stories through conversation.
It is a science-backed application that was founded by Charlie Greene and Alex Massoneau in the winter of 2021.
Remento is using these raised funds on expanding their staff members and making its app technologically more advanced. .
It helps people discover, document and more deeply appreciate their family in a new way by sharing these stories. Its iOS app makes it easy to document and preserve stories.
How does Remento app work?
The whole process of recording and preserving memories through the application goes as mentioned:
- Choose a person you want to have a conversation with if you’re opening the app for the first time otherwise the app will show sets of prompts set by the last person you’ve selected.
- Users can change it anytime using the drop-down menu at the top.
- Select a set of prompts by using the “+” button on the My Projects Page and select from a pre-created set of prompts or create a new project from scratch.
- Rearrange, delete or add prompts to your project. Write your own questions, and add photos or choose from Remento's library’s pre-written prompts.
- Host the conversation, when the customer is ready to record, the phone becomes a facilitator for an in-person conversation and captures every word.
- Watch & Store the video on the app directly. Users can export videos to their local devices.
This is how Remento is super easy to use and record stories.
Why did investors choose to invest in a storytelling app like Remento?
Our 10+ years of experienced R&D team has researched and listed out a few reasons to invest in a storytelling app like Remento mentioned below:
- After Covid-19, everyone has started realizing how uncertain life can be! So people around the globe now have even more value for family stories, bonds and traditions.
- Remento was right in time to enter the market and has all the app-qualities or values people were looking for.
- Investors saw the timing and scope of a storytelling app like Remento.
- It is not such apps that can be only limited to one genre. They can extend the app version and features according to the market requirements and trends.
- Remento gave free access to its storytelling app so everyone can use it and create-preserve their memories.
- Actually, this is a great strategy that first makes your app handy to everyone and then slowly introduces new-advanced features with a subscription strategy.
- This is how a storytelling app like Remento can generate some extra money through it.
Based on all these factors and many others from investors' perspectives will make investors invest in a storytelling app like Remento.
5 Key takeaways from Remento that you should definitely consider while developing your own storytelling app
Our R&D team has studies Remento thoroughly and listed 5 major key takeaways as listed below:
- Create a core brand value for your application which should remain the same no matter how much the application gets updated in the sense of features.
- “Every picture has a story to tell.” Remento allows its users to add photos to their stories which maybe is a memory for a lifetime to the user.
- Know what your target audience wants, understand their needs and then develop your app around that point.
- Make it easy for users! Remento has made it super easy to record and preserve stories and memories through its app. No extra editing, set of prompts and whatnot.
- Know the right time to enter the market just like Remento did. Timing is one of the biggest factors to consider when launching the application.
- Perform Beta testing before launching your app to the market. Collect feedback from beta testers and improvise the performance of an app.
Use cases of storytelling apps
The future of such apps brings people closer to more personalized and interactive experiences.
Areas in which storytelling apps can be scaled:
1. Personalized stories
A storytelling app like Remento can be scaled to create personalized values for its users. They can create and store their storytelling videos/memories for a lifetime through this app.
2. Digital marketing
To share the journey of a digital marketing strategy and to share client reviews, storytelling apps can be a part of this industry.
Save the stories of every student throughout his/her educational time period through a storytelling app and then preserve those stories for organizations and students.
4. Advertisement Industry
Save and record the user’s experiences of products and one can advertise their brand on these stories which are recorded and preserved by a storytelling app only on one platform.
5. Helps businesses in funding
Generally, whether it’s a startup, medium-scaled or established business, they constantly try to get funds from investors. In this case, businesses can record and save their business journey through storytelling apps and then can present/share with the investors.
Journalists are going from place to place to capture stories with lots of equipment and a team. An all-in-one storytelling app can solve so many problems for journalists as they can create and save all the stories in one place.
Patient stories can be recorded and saved through the storytelling app which might help other patients to emphasize and know about other people's stories.
Features to add in your storytelling app
There are some basic features that must be included while developing your storytelling app because features are what make your storytelling app different from others.
- SignUp / LogIn: Allow app users to create account to your storytelling app.
- Multimedia Support: Allow users to upload or access multimedia content such as images, videos and mp3 files(voice notes).
- Video Editing: Provide your users with some in-built video editing tool.
- Add Calendar: Allow users to add a clip/photo/note to a specific date through in-app calendar.
- Cloud Storage: Integrate your storytelling app with cloud for users to save their stories permanent.
- Edit Stories: Allow users to Create, Edit, Delete stories.
- Access Control: Give users control about who can access their stories.
- Social Media Integration: Facilitate users to share their stories directly on social media through your storytelling app.
How can a storytelling app make money?
Here are some monetization ideas for your storytelling app:
1. Subscription Fees
Launch different subscription models in a storytelling app. Users will purchase a subscription model as per their convenience of use.
Give different subscription models like Basic, Plus, Premium.
2. Run In-app Ads
Allow other certified brands to run their advertising campaigns in your storytelling app. These brands will pay you for that.
But remember, there should not be other irrelevant or too many ads in your app - that will reduce the user retention ratio.
3. One-time Fee
For some extra features or for some extra space, charge users accordingly in the name of a one-time fee.
As the niche differs from one to another, there could be other ways to generate revenue through it but these are the main source of making money through a storytelling app.
Know where and how to start your storytelling app development journey
If you want to develop a storytelling app, then this is for you:
There are so many different niches under which a storytelling app can be developed.
Once you decide on a niche, you need to understand and specify the target audience and their needs.
There are many different ways to develop a storytelling app but hiring the best app development team is well-suited for such apps because
- A dedicated development team full of experienced developers, designers and QAs will work on your project.
- They will help you choose the right tech stack for your storytelling app.
- There is no risk of leaving your project in the middle as they are professionals in this field.
- Dedicated development team may provide you with post-deployment support.
Want to develop your storytelling app within budget?
You are at the right place! No need to search further.
Coruscate is one of the best on-demand app development companies with 10+ years of an experienced team full of data scientists, developers, QA engineers, UI UX experts, project managers and visionary business analysts.
We have delivered 100+ software solutions to our clients successfully. We will present you with different app ideas for your storytelling app after understanding your app and business requirements.
Contact us if you want to know more about app ideas for your storytelling app, cost and time estimation and other market opportunities.
1. How much does it cost to develop a storytelling app?
Cost of developing a storytelling app highly depends on various factors such as app complexity, app development region, design complexity, tech stack etc. Once all these factors are figured out, then one can generate an approx cost estimation for the specific app.
2. Which are the best storytelling apps?
- Lou Adventures - Reading Game
- Smart Tales - STEM learning
3. Is storytelling app development beneficial for you or not?
Yes, storytelling app development can be beneficial for you if your app is unique yet simple, user-friendly and full-fledged with monetization techniques.