Instagram has the daily app engagement of 39% of its installs whereas Tiktok has the daily app engagement of 29% of its installs.
Having this much of a great mobile engagement ratio is a dream of every developer and app owner.
But the question here is what exactly is the mobile app engagement and how to increase mobile app engagement.
Our development and business analysts have studied some top app engagement rated applications to provide solutions for this particular question.
Let’s dive into that.
What is mobile app engagement?
Mobile app engagement is a measure which is resulted by calculating all the metrics of how users interact with your app.
In other words, It is a measure of the users’ response to your whole well-featured app.
Why do you need a clearly defined app engagement strategy?
Before experimenting with app engagement strategy, it is utmost important to understand the purpose and goal of that strategy and how that would affect your current app users behavior.
90% of experiments fail without a clear plan and understanding of your business and user behavior.
You can’t afford to lose existing app users by experimenting with wrong or inappropriate app engagement strategies.
That is why it is important to have a clearly defined app engagement strategy. Our team has researched and listed some techniques for you to increase your mobile app engagement.
Coruscate’s 7 suggestions to increase mobile app engagement
To increase mobile app engagement, It is very important to know the vision and mission of the app or business. One needs to implement these app engagement strategies according to the main purpose of the app.
Let’s see the 7 proven ways to increase mobile app engagement.
1. Smooth on-boarding process like Twitter
If you want your new users to use your app for a long time then remember, First impression is last impression.
Make your app’s first impression with a smooth and simple on-boarding app process for your new app users.
Twitter’s onboarding flow quickly leads first time users to follow as many users as possible by adding contacts and suggesting popular accounts on Twitter.
For smooth on-boarding process like Twitter:
- Use minimum texts
- Smooth app-flow for users
- Minimal disruptions
- Quick Setup for new users
2. Smart use of Push-notifications like Swiggy
Swiggy is famous for its most attractive and interactive push notifications which tempt users to click on the notification and open the app.
For using push notifications, always take users permission to send them to their mobile phones.
Do’s for smart usage of push notifications:
- Send personalized messages in the form of push notifications.
- Make the purpose of push notifications clear, front and center.
- Try to use emojis if they are well-suited for your brand.
- Test push notifications response, not all people like receiving push notifications.
Tip: Don’t send too many push notifications. Users don’t like to receive multiple notifications from the same app as they have other apps on their phone too!
3. Offer loyalty programs/rewards like Paytm
With the rising use of online transactions, Paytm has dominated the whole Indian fintech market.
To increase the app engagement and to bring new customers to the app, Paytm started loyalty programs which gives their existing customers some rewards or cashbacks for inviting their friends, family and colleagues to the Paytm app.
This is how they do not just only get new users for the app but also increase the screen time of its existing users.
- Offer loyalty programs which will be beneficial for both users and businesses.
- Monitor KPIs to know which loyalty program is working well for your app engagement.
- Personalize customer loyalty programs for your existing app users.
4. Provide personalized experience like Instagram
What is more personalized than Instagram showing all the reels and posts of your interests?
Instagram knows very well on how to make its users engage more on the app and that is why they chose to show all the posts and reels based on the users behavior and preferences.
GenZ and Millenials spend most of their time on Instagram which makes it the top user-engage app.
Users like having a personalized experience on the apps they’re using. Also, Incentive personalized messages compel users to take certain actions.
To provide personalized user experience,
- Use the user's name for any notification or any activity.
- Monitor user’s behavior on the app and improvise accordingly with personalization.
- Implement personalization for the navigation process too.
5. Enable app gamification like Duolingo
Duolingo is one of the most used language learning apps. Duolingo follows a simple moto - Learn languages and have fun!
Duolingo has included gamification in its learning process, so app users enjoy the process of learning and encourage users to spend more time on the app.
Gamification is becoming the mainstream in the world of UI UX.
To include gamification in your app, Remember
- It should not increase the page loading time or else users will leave your app immediately.
- Must be interactive and easy to navigate.
- Games should not be too long or else it will overlap the main purpose of the app.
6. Usage of tooltips like Pinterest
Imagine a mobile app with lots of cool features but no hints and no directions to use it. No one would know how to use it!
Pinterest is one of the most popular and unique platforms with lots of cool features and pretty aesthetics.
Explain all the app features in a cut short manner to users. This will let your users know about the app features and increase the screen time in your app.
To use tooltips in your app - remember,
- Show one tooltip at a time.
- Use personalization in tooltips too!
- Try to explain more in less words.
- Don’t use too many tooltips.
7. Proper use of CTAs like Netflix
Try a 30 days free trial - Proper text with proper position in the landing page itself.
Netflix has reached 222 Million subscribers in 2021 and has been increasing since then.
Click to action button can help you increase conversion rate which will eventually lead to more app engagement ratio.
To have a impactful CTA,
- The CTA button should look clickable.
- The Placement of the CTA button should be more.
- Know what the user wants and use words accordingly.
So, to increase mobile app engagement, one can start by working on these points. These are essentials for any app if they want to increase their mobile app engagement.
Provide a great user experience to your users, This will automatically increase the mobile app engagement.
Our developers have worked on such projects where clients present their existing apps with low app engagement ratio and want to revamp apps so that their apps can drive engagement and business for them.
How developers at Coruscate worked on apps and made them user-engaging and result-driven?
Our client approached us with his language learning app which is not generating any revenue for the business. So the client wanted to revamp the existing app.
- Our developers understood the whole concept, mission and vision behind the app and researched around key areas.
- Studied some top language learning apps and gathered analysis of what is working for them and what is not.
- Then our UI UX experts designed the simpler user experience and implemented gamification in the app.
- Our developers have used tooltips, CTAs and tried to provide as much as personalization in the app.
- We redesigned the whole app and developed accordingly.
- Client was very satisfied with the whole new user experience and he immediately updated the app in the market.
- After some time, The app became the mainstream for the client’s business revenue. App has seen some incredible user engagement and user retention growth.
- Which led to more subscribers of language learning models and more revenue.
If you want to develop or revamp the app that can generate revenue and has more engagement and user retention then Contact Us!