Touch new heights in food industry with Uber Eats-like food delivery app. Find a quick check-list to some amazing features to create one for your business.
Uber has rightly followed the saying “eat good, feel good” to make us acquainted with Uber Eats, the on-demand food delivery segment for Uber. It is one of the crucial elements in the plan made by the company to go public. At this point in time, Uber has captured more than 50% of the US population. It is still moving forward to capture the whole US market.
They have tied up with restaurant chains and major food outlets to perform their business. While this area in the US was difficult from the on-demand ridesharing perspective, the company managed to penetrate the market with their on-demand food delivery. They believe that every market is ready to connect with a company for food delivery. Currently, their business has been valued at $20 billion. It is doing exceptionally good.
People are spending more and more on Uber-Eats than on any other food-delivery service in US. Uber-Eats is extremely popular in nine out of 22 most populous US cities. It has become a company that analyzes billions of dollars worth of anonymized debit and credit card purchases.
If you are planning to develop an app like Uber Eats, there are certain things about Uber-Eats that you ought to know including the top features, the solutions they offer etc.
Features that make Uber-Eats App Distinct
There are some smart features that are very spellbinding and have made Uber-Eats an interesting variant of on-demand food delivery business.
- Eat what you love: What happens when AI meets a food delivery app? You get some of the best delicacies specifically gathered for you at one place. The machine learning within the app helps the app learn about your orders and food preferences, and accordingly deliver food choices and restaurants to you. So, when you open the app, you get the restaurants that you can choose from and a variety of cuisine that is specially designated for you. Uber Eats, based on a detailed understanding of your past orders and also of your food choices, recommends places and food to you.
- Pre-book Your Food: Are you wondering, if this could be true? Yes, if you are stuck in a traffic jam, and want your food to arrive just when you do, you can pre-book the food to be delivered at a specific time. You simply need to mention the address where you want it delivered, the time and other specifics, and the app will ensure the food is delivered on time.
- Manages Your Delivery: The Uber-Eats app also comes with a restaurant manager, which allows on-time delivery and order optimization. The new analytics feature within the app gives insights into the food orders and delivery times that you prefer. They even fine-tune the quality of the food, based on your earlier orders and the preferences you may have mentioned. The basic idea of this restaurant manager is to manage all aspects of food, and give you a complete experience.
- Location Agnostic: A lot of times you don’t opt for the on-demand food delivery solution available, because you believe that they won’t deliver it to your location. however, that is not the case with Uber-Eats. You can get your food delivered to places like the hospitals, parks etc. where there is always a delivery issue.
- Personalized Notifications: Uber-Eats seems to have been particularly insistent about personalizing the notifications. You can get the app to notify you about details that you are interested in. supposed, you want to be notified about a new restaurant or a food cuisine or your delivery details, the app will personalize and make sure you receive the notifications on time.
- Best Sellers: When you venture into an unknown restaurant, you are never sure what to order out there. Uber-Eats solves this issue for you. You can check for the best sellers marked on the app for the restaurant, and place your order for the food to make sure you eat just the flavoursome.
- Advanced Search: If you want to search for a particular type of food or restaurant or use the advanced search filters, they are readily available with Uber Eats, making food order experiential for you.
- Offers available for you: Uber-Eats displays the offers at the top of your search, just so you get the food delivered at an affordable price. This is a cool feature which can attract more customers to your app.
- Reviews & Ratings: With this application, you can post reviews and ratings for the food you have ordered. Customer reviews are important to know if they are getting the desired service. In this app, user is allowed to rate the person who has delivered the food as well as the restaurant from which you had ordered the food.
Build your own Food Delivery App
If you plan on developing your own on-demand food delivery startup, here are two major solutions that you can offer.
1. Aggregator Model: This type of application is a platform to manage the restaurants and the customers that live in the same locality or are nearer to each other. The customer can use the app to browse through the available cuisines and restaurants. The aggregator model will take care of providing you with the food options, allowing you to place the order after checking the reviews and ratings etc. however, once the order is placed, the aggregator’s job is done. It is now the restaurant’s duty to deliver the food to your home.
2. Food Delivery With Logistics: This is the second type of solution that you can offer to your customers. This is where Uber Eats and apps like this fall into. This is most profitable to the small-scale restaurants and food joints, which gain visibility and are more accessible for the customers. The app will take care of not just ordering the food, but also ensuring safe and proper delivery at your place. They have hired delivery personnel for the same. From logistics management to actual food delivery, everything is managed by the app.
Develop your own App Like Uber Eats
When you plan on developing an app like Uber Eats, you need to plan for:
What kind of features are you planning to include in the food delivery app?
Are you looking for basic features or something advanced, which will help your customers?
- A simple registration/login page is essential.
- You will need to include the menu for the restaurants.
- Enable online ordering for the food from the restaurants.
- Map-based tracking feature to know where the delivery agent is at present.
These are some of the basic features. You can plan on offering some advanced features for your customers to take their food delivery experience from good to great.
The app interface is the most important aspect of designing an on-demand food delivery solution for your business. The more user-friendly it would be, the more enchanting feel it would bestow upon an audience.
Finally, the processes and the total resources involved will determine the ultimate cost of developing an app like Uber Eats.
Wondering, who can partner with you and complete your technology needs. End your search at Coruscate. We offer the best on-demand solutions which can influence your customers and get you more business. We don’t just develop, we solve problems. Come to us with your idea, and we will offer you with the most captivating solution to satisfy all your business needs.
How ClassDojo, a Parents & Teachers Communication App has raised $35M funding : Features & Benefits of ClassDojo Education App
How can Ed.Tech entrepreneurs and education startups bring a positive impact on education by building a mobile classroom communication app like ClassDojo? Tim and Joanna were checking out their son’s …
Learning From the Failure of On-Demand Food Delivery App Foodpanda, Which Actually Helps You to Grow Through Business
Because of the urbanization and higher living standards, business through online food delivery app is thriving like never before. Looking at the popularity of the on-demand delivery apps, one shouldn’t …
Tips and strategies to develop the best workout app like Myfitnesspal app and How to make your workout app rank amongst the most downloaded apps?
As a fitness startup, to develop the best workout app as Myfitnesspal requires learning various strategies. Read the blog to dig deep about the fitness app. The smartphones are said …
TikTok copies Instagram: Know the next big thing for your TikTok clone app, inspired by TikTok’s new features
Only a few apps are there on Google PlayStore and Apple App Store which stand out like a sore thumb and attract entrepreneurs from all over the globe to develop the clones of it. One such app is TikTok which is honored well in both the startup industry and app cloning industry.