Touch new heights in food industry with Uber Eats-like food delivery app. Find a quick check-list to some amazing features to create one for your business.
Uber has rightly followed the saying “eat good, feel good” to make us acquainted with Uber Eats, the on-demand food delivery segment for Uber. It is one of the crucial elements in the plan made by the company to go public. At this point in time, Uber has captured more than 50% of the US population. It is still moving forward to capture the whole US market.
They have tied up with restaurant chains and major food outlets to perform their business. While this area in the US was difficult from the on-demand ridesharing perspective, the company managed to penetrate the market with their on-demand food delivery. They believe that every market is ready to connect with a company for food delivery. Currently, their business has been valued at $20 billion. It is doing exceptionally good.
People are spending more and more on Uber-Eats than on any other food-delivery service in US. Uber-Eats is extremely popular in nine out of 22 most populous US cities. It has become a company that analyzes billions of dollars worth of anonymized debit and credit card purchases.
If you are planning to develop an app like Uber Eats, there are certain things about Uber-Eats that you ought to know including the top features, the solutions they offer etc.
Features that make Uber-Eats App Distinct
There are some smart features that are very spellbinding and have made Uber-Eats an interesting variant of on-demand food delivery business.
- Eat what you love: What happens when AI meets a food delivery app? You get some of the best delicacies specifically gathered for you at one place. The machine learning within the app helps the app learn about your orders and food preferences, and accordingly deliver food choices and restaurants to you. So, when you open the app, you get the restaurants that you can choose from and a variety of cuisine that is specially designated for you. Uber Eats, based on a detailed understanding of your past orders and also of your food choices, recommends places and food to you.
- Pre-book Your Food: Are you wondering, if this could be true? Yes, if you are stuck in a traffic jam, and want your food to arrive just when you do, you can pre-book the food to be delivered at a specific time. You simply need to mention the address where you want it delivered, the time and other specifics, and the app will ensure the food is delivered on time.
- Manages Your Delivery: The Uber-Eats app also comes with a restaurant manager, which allows on-time delivery and order optimization. The new analytics feature within the app gives insights into the food orders and delivery times that you prefer. They even fine-tune the quality of the food, based on your earlier orders and the preferences you may have mentioned. The basic idea of this restaurant manager is to manage all aspects of food, and give you a complete experience.
- Location Agnostic: A lot of times you don’t opt for the on-demand food delivery solution available, because you believe that they won’t deliver it to your location. however, that is not the case with Uber-Eats. You can get your food delivered to places like the hospitals, parks etc. where there is always a delivery issue.
- Personalized Notifications: Uber-Eats seems to have been particularly insistent about personalizing the notifications. You can get the app to notify you about details that you are interested in. supposed, you want to be notified about a new restaurant or a food cuisine or your delivery details, the app will personalize and make sure you receive the notifications on time.
- Best Sellers: When you venture into an unknown restaurant, you are never sure what to order out there. Uber-Eats solves this issue for you. You can check for the best sellers marked on the app for the restaurant, and place your order for the food to make sure you eat just the flavoursome.
- Advanced Search: If you want to search for a particular type of food or restaurant or use the advanced search filters, they are readily available with Uber Eats, making food order experiential for you.
- Offers available for you: Uber-Eats displays the offers at the top of your search, just so you get the food delivered at an affordable price. This is a cool feature which can attract more customers to your app.
- Reviews & Ratings: With this application, you can post reviews and ratings for the food you have ordered. Customer reviews are important to know if they are getting the desired service. In this app, user is allowed to rate the person who has delivered the food as well as the restaurant from which you had ordered the food.
Build your own Food Delivery App
If you plan on developing your own on-demand food delivery startup, here are two major solutions that you can offer.
1. Aggregator Model: This type of application is a platform to manage the restaurants and the customers that live in the same locality or are nearer to each other. The customer can use the app to browse through the available cuisines and restaurants. The aggregator model will take care of providing you with the food options, allowing you to place the order after checking the reviews and ratings etc. however, once the order is placed, the aggregator’s job is done. It is now the restaurant’s duty to deliver the food to your home.
2. Food Delivery With Logistics: This is the second type of solution that you can offer to your customers. This is where Uber Eats and apps like this fall into. This is most profitable to the small-scale restaurants and food joints, which gain visibility and are more accessible for the customers. The app will take care of not just ordering the food, but also ensuring safe and proper delivery at your place. They have hired delivery personnel for the same. From logistics management to actual food delivery, everything is managed by the app.
Develop your own App Like Uber Eats
When you plan on developing an app like Uber Eats, you need to plan for:
What kind of features are you planning to include in the food delivery app?
Are you looking for basic features or something advanced, which will help your customers?
- A simple registration/login page is essential.
- You will need to include the menu for the restaurants.
- Enable online ordering for the food from the restaurants.
- Map-based tracking feature to know where the delivery agent is at present.
These are some of the basic features. You can plan on offering some advanced features for your customers to take their food delivery experience from good to great.
The app interface is the most important aspect of designing an on-demand food delivery solution for your business. The more user-friendly it would be, the more enchanting feel it would bestow upon an audience.
Finally, the processes and the total resources involved will determine the ultimate cost of developing an app like Uber Eats.
Wondering, who can partner with you and complete your technology needs. End your search at Coruscate. We offer the best on-demand solutions which can influence your customers and get you more business. We don’t just develop, we solve problems. Come to us with your idea, and we will offer you with the most captivating solution to satisfy all your business needs.
Why you need e scooter app for your Food Delivery Business : E-scooter trend takes the next step with Domino’s getting e-bikes for pizza delivery
Gear up your On Demand Food Delivery Business with E Scooter App. To compete with on-demand food services Domino’s got its own e-bikes for deliveries. Get going with an e-scooter or e-bikes app for your deliveries for better deliveries.
Stripe Payment Processor : Know whether you need a payment processor or payment gateway?
Stripe payment processor fees, and Stripe payment processor features. Payment is the most important module of the app, so does the payment processor. Know difference between payment processor and payment gateway.
Breaking up popular Mobile app development myths and revealing the truth behind them
The mobile app development industry is growing rapidly because today, consumers are increasingly adopting mobile as their medium of choice for routine things like browsing, researching, shopping, banking, etc. Mobile…
Industry Insights of On-demand food delivery app businesses : Current Market and Future Trendspotting
Since the world has started moving fast-tracked towards digitalization, businesses of all the industries have no other option but to keep up with it. The food-service industry is no exception…
Why There is a Great Need for VR Apps for Education and Healthcare Industry? The Complete Guide into Developing the Perfect App.
Virtual Reality is gaining importance in the modern world. You see a lot of businesses, not in the gaming industry, working towards incorporating this technology to boost profitability. Of the…