Lime’s e-Scooters Have Arrived in Canada! How to Launch Your Own Electric Scooter App Like Lime?
Electric scooters are paving way for green transportation. Lime scooter app, based out of California, has spread its wings across states and countries. Just two months ago, the company had penetrated into the Spanish markets with the launch of their service in Madrid. Currently, they are all set to launch their services in Canada. They will schedule their pilot program in Waterloo Ontario.
Before launching into any city or country, the company takes a look at how their services can help the people in that place. The main question that helps them build the strategy is how their e-scooters can help the city reach their smart transportation goals.
While Canada was a space where no e-scooter company had entered, Spain was a different story. Along with Bird, there were other e-scooter app companies already working towards making the transportation smart and green in the country.
Apart from understanding the markets, the company has also devised privacy policies and low-income plan to compete with the existing companies and differentiate its products and offering.
Let’s look at the progress achieved by Limebike, and the overall performance achieved by the bike company.
Limebike: A look into the Company
- Launched in 2017, the dockless bike and escooter company has expanded into several U.S. cities such as Austin, San Diego, Washington D.C., and Texas.
- In May 2018, the company partnered with Segway to introduce the next gen electric scooters.
- They have already crossed the 3Mn rides mark for both the scooters and bike segment.
- Lime also has plans to collaborate with Uber to introduce an unconventional transportation mode for the comfort and convenience of the people.
- Most people look for convenience, and those who believe they have convenience look for safety. The Lime bikes offer both convenience and safety along with the “go green” mantra to the users. You can easily pick a bike using the app from a location nearest to you. Simply unlock the bike with the app, and start riding. The best part and the most convenient aspect is that you get to pay the bills online. So, you book a bike, unlock it and you are ready to go. The bikes are safe to ride too.
- Most of the current transportation modes are not really cheap or fit the pocket needs completely. If you have to take a cab every day, you end up paying a bit more than you expect to pay. Eventually, it will put a dent in your pockets. However, if you use the dockless bikes as your commuting partner, you would spend less and you will be able to enjoy the ride on a daily basis.
- The idea behind launching Lime bikes was to offer an inexpensive option to the users. The company listened to the grievances posed by the user and caught on to the gaps that existed in the industry, before offering an alternative solution.
- They keep listening in to the feedback offered by the users. They understand that the feedback is important if they want to improve what they are offering and give a better medium for transportation to their users.
- The company has come up with a medium on the app where the users can share their experience after every ride.
- Finally, the company has redefined urban mobility with the help of technology. The emission of harmful gases and the resultant effect on human has led many companies to think green. Lime is one of the few companies that wanted to offer their users free will to ride anywhere at nominal rates without falling prey to the harmful gases. With the escooter, you not only battle the harmful gases but also the traffic congestion. You can reach your destination on time. With mobile app, the company has added convenience and improved the usability of transportation.
E-scooter expansion in Ontario
In Toronto, the Government is planning to help businesses expand. They wish to allow consumers and commuters more choice. The Parliamentary Assistant to Caroline Mulroney, Vijay Thanigasalam, Minister of Transportation has declared a 5-year e-scooter pilot that will begin on January 1, 2020.
The electric scooters have the potential to help thousands of transporters. They can also help to reduce the congestion and open the Ontario market to the newly growing sector. The pilot program will allow the municipalities to choose whether to allow e-scooters on their roadways.
Ontario will have a pilot e-scooter that will provide people a completely new clean and eco-friendly way to travel from point A to B. This is like giving travelers another option to prefer for daily transport. This also makes Ontario open for business. This e-scooter pilot program will help the businesses to expand and enhance local economies and offer people more choices to get around safely. The government is strongly committed to promoting the highest standards of safety for all the citizens of Ontario who travel on roads.
Here are some quick highlights for the pilot program
- The municipalities which will allow the e-scooters will be themselves responsible for factors like if they will allow them on municipal roads including parks and trails. They will also be responsible for allocating the parking lots and managing them.
- In the 5-year pilot program, the state has to set some rules and requirements for e-scooters like helmet specifications and a minimum age of 16 years old.
- E-scooters should also need to be equipped with a horn or bell and must have a front and rear light.
- The municipalities can have their own laws to allow the e-scooters and ascertain where they can operate most securely in each unique environment.
- Ontario’s Open for Business Action Plan has fixed targets of decreasing regulatory red tape affecting businesses by 25 percent and the cost of complying with regulations by $400 million annually by 2020 to help the business keep, grow and create good jobs.
Want to Build an App like Lime? We provide E scooter app development service at $10000
- Understand the rider’s mobility issues and the problems they face with the daily commute. Your solution will begin to emerge once you start diving into the problems and the possible issues that the rider faces.
- Even with the dockless scooters, the commuters are unable to resize the handlebars, thus facing issues while driving the bikes. Similarly, there are other issues too that the rider faces. You will need to identify the smallest and the biggest issues that the rider faces before you start with the solution.
- The solution cannot be applied across all medium, and will not suit all parties the same way. You may want to test the solution you are planning before you can launch it to the target market. For this purpose, you may want to conduct a pilot test of the solution. For instance, Lime bike is testing the waters in Waterloo with the escooter app. They have initiated the pilot test for a set group of people. If this works, they will release the app across Ontario.
- Look for opportunities available in the market. Yes, you may seem like a lion waiting to pounce on the first available prey but, if you don’t hunt for opportunities, you may never find the right idea and the perfect app solution. You need to put all your energies into the target market and their issues. Your opportunity lies in helping the people within the target market. You should look into people’s lives, how they work and what kind of issues they tend to face on a regular basis. If you identify anything that you can solve, then dive into the solution right away.
- The features set is an important aspect of delivering any concept to the users. You need to work and rework on the features and make sure you have taken into account everything that the audience might require. Here is a list of features that you cannot ignore at any point.
- Find the Scooter: The app should direct the user towards the dockless scooter located nearby. As soon as the app is downloaded, the user should be guided towards the nearest available scooter. They should be able to identify simple ways to unlock the scooter and make it available for the ride.
- Scan the Barcode: The easiest way to unlock the scooter is by scanning the barcode. This is one way that you cannot ignore it. Make sure you have incorporated this feature into your scooter app for the convenience of the users. This way they won’t have to wait for any instructions from you, and can simply unlock and start using.
- Ending the Ride: Ending the ride and making the payments should be hassle-free. If the user wants to stop midway, there should be provision for the same, so that they can lock and complete their work.
If you want to launch your own Lime-like escooter app, you need to think through these things:
- Issues faced by the audience.
- The solution that can probably solve these issues.
- Safety features within the app and the transportation medium you are offering.
We have launched a white label solution – Rohak to make setting the business easier for you. Our white label solution comes with the latest technology and guidance regarding your business market. We also provide assistance regarding the hardware and also regarding the business models.
Coruscate partners with you for all your technology needs, and enhances your business with competitive and highly usable technology solutions. We use top-notch tools and processes to offer quality and simple solutions to your complex requirements. If you have an app idea that you want to convert into a solution, connect with us for e scooter app development quote.
The US gets its first Electric-only charging station offering brilliant future for EV charging station app
The US has received its first gas station exclusive to the electric vehicles. This gas station is now accessible in Takoma Park, Maryland. Though the station’s owner is still not…
Electric scooter on the streets of different cities: All that you didn’t know about them until now
Many people confirm that e-scooters are a great addition to the world’s mobility. Well, that actually has been derived from a survey conducted regarding the views of people in different…
E-scooter rental apps- the most important factor to decide the fate of your e-scooter sharing business
The on-demand economy draws 22.4 million consumers annually. These consumers spend $57.6 billion on on-demand services, according to a report to Harvard Business Reports. The on-demand services include food delivery, taxi booking, healthcare, grocery and other hyperlocal services like home care.
How to get the e-scooter permit and start an electric scooter sharing business in Virginia?
Over the regulations and permits, a constant fight between governments and electric scooter sharing companies is still going in 2020. What makes the ongoing conflict between them engaging is the…