Upend your educational enterprises with an interactive ed-tech platform: a guide for your own ‘uber for tutor’ app development
Millions of students around the world are shifting towards ed-tech platforms as schools and colleges shut down to contain transmission of COVID-19. After many years of under-appreciation, EdTech has finally able to draw the attention of the IT giants and startups likewise.
According to EdTechXGlobal, EdTech is growing at a rate of 17% annually and will become a $252 billion industry by the year 2020. Besides that, the giant tech players like Apple, Google, Microsoft have joined the bout to monetize educational software.
Benefits of developing an e-learning platform or tutor app?
- A survey shows that more than 60% of American teachers believe that EdTech is a motivating factor for students and allows teachers to expand learning content.
- It establishes better communication and can increase personal engagement between students, teachers, and parents.
- Classrooms can be available 24/7. Students will have an option to continue their studies after academic timings through learning platforms or mobile apps.
- Online learning solutions are crucial for students in rural areas or students having a poor financial background.
- Features like gamification, VR/AR, smartboards allow teachers to keep their classes engaged and maintain constant interaction with study materials.
- More personalized teaching can be possible. It enables students who would otherwise fail to keep up with the class and help them succeed.
- EdTech reduces the need for printed materials such as handouts, worksheets, tests, or even textbooks.
Step-by-step draft to develop e-learning app:
Identify the market and potential userbase:
Ed-tech is not just about teachers and students, but there are many stakeholders involved too. Let’s say, for example, you are planning to develop it for children, their parents will be your primary stakeholders because they will be the ones to purchase it.
Building an empathy map and a stakeholder map will help you to concentrate on the people influenced by your project.
Understand the user’s requirements:
Education is a very dynamic industry, so marketing research is still requisite. Talk to your potential userbase, understand their need, research their problems, interview them, create user personas to deliver a better solution.
You need to target the primary benefits your project can provide to users as against the lead competitors.
Creating storyboards or Elevator pitching based on target personas would definitely help the initial design efforts.
Create a Minimum Viable Product:
You need to develop a minimum viable product in the form of a crude application, mockup, or a landing page. Because your ideas might seem incredible in your mind or even on paper, but only a real-life test can validate them. It will also help you gauge the size of the potential users.
Choose the right software development company:
Although it is a very tedious and time-taking process of prioritizing requirements, researching and shortlisting prospective partners, interviewing each company, this step is crucial to your project’s success.
Features of an ed-tech app:
The features of an EdTech app depends on the targeted users and their needs. But there are some must-have features for all EdTech startups.
Secure cloud storage:
- For updating daily schedule
- To create new assignments for students, evaluate results, and keep track of their progress and grades.
- To avail group lecture or discussion mode and collaboration options.
- To view/share/edit the same files at the same time, so that students can study simultaneously using one screen.
Simple authentication procedures:
- To ensure data security, it is required to set strong passwords that are difficult to remember, but you can provide the facility to sign up with Facebook or Google to save time and to avoid the need for making another password.
- The teacher’s dashboard should be compatible with other software such as word or excel to speeds up everyday processes of uploading files or arranging test papers.
Digital space communication and interaction features:
- Users should have a direct line of communication with teachers or other users through in-app messaging/call, forum boards, video/audio-conference, etc.
How coruscate can help you to develop “Uber For Tutor” app or on-demand tutor app?
Software solutions are changing the landscape of the education industry entirely. Although there are many great EdTech solutions available in the market, still many problems are there that need to address.
Coruscate can help identify and validate the great idea and help develop an ed-tech solution from scratch. With our experience in the ed-tech industry and expertise in developing app solutions that fulfill your business goals, we aim to deliver you a robust solution for your business.
If you have any queries regarding ed-tech solutions, feel free to contact us. A free app demo and a personalized quote are also available.
Know how developing taxi app with these features made Pathao a game changer in Bangladesh
There was a time when Uber was an inspiration for many entrepreneurs. Inspired by the Uber services and Uber business model, many entrepreneurs have started companies to solve different problems…
Holidu Clone app : How can you disrupt the conventional hotel booking industry with our Holidu like holiday planner app? + How to Make an App Like Holidu + Create an App like Holidu + Apps Like Holidu + Develop Alternative of Holidu
A new travel agency startup or a hotel booking startup always look for options to disrupt the traditional model of hotel bookings and ways to make themselves stand out from…
Zomato Acquired eBikeGo for food deliveries : Know market opportunities of the e-scooter rental business and how to build e scooter app like eBikeGo + How to Make an App Like eBikeGo + Create an App like eBikeGo + Apps Like eBikeGo + Develop Alternative of eBikeGo
Know market opportunities of the e-scooter rental business and how to build e scooter rental app like eBikeGo which will now provide e-scooters to Zomato for food delivery E-scooter rental…
UBER WORKS – Now Uber will provide on-demand workers for restaurants, parties or events + How to Make an App Like UBER WORKS + Create an App like UBER WORKS + Apps Like UBER WORKS + Develop Alternative of UBER WORKS
In the on-demand world, things are changing at the drop of a hat. As owners and operators, you need to be flexible enough. Other industries like taxis and hotels have…
3 strategies which make HappyFresh different and successful among other online grocery delivery apps
Amongst the digitalization taking place in each and every industry, there have been many online grocery delivery apps coming up in the market. People prefer getting their groceries delivered at…