Node.JS is an open source cross-platform to create cost-effective, large-scale applications for your business. Node.JS can be used in building highly scalable, data-intensive, real-time back-end services.
It is being used by some bigger companies like PayPal, LinkedIn, Uber, Netflix, Walmart, Trello, Medium, eBay, NASA, Groupon and so on.
Here are in-depth examples of PayPal & Netflix’s Use of Node.JS
- On the one hand team of 5-6 employees were assigned to develop a prototype with JAVA and on the other hand team of 2 employees were assigned to the same task using Node.JS. The team developing a prototype using Node.JS could make it almost in the halftime than the time taken by JAVA team. And they found one more thing, applications built with Node.JS works faster than built or developer using JAVA. And as a result, PayPal got doubled the number of request surf per second.
The performance offered by Node.JS is better than the JAVA especially in building up and starting up time. Plus, one more benefit is, one can easily build up single page application using Node.JS without any complexity.
Some of the technical objects of Node.JS:
- Node.JS operates in a single thread
- Node.JS uses non-blocking I/O calls
- Node.JS allows the support of thousands of concurrent connections without getting errors.
NPM (Node.JS Package Management)
- It installs Node.JS programs from the NPM registry
- Organizes the installation and management of 3rd party Node.JS programs.
- Node.JS registers itself with the operating system so the OS get notified if it gets issues and calls back.
Development libraries of Node.JS:
- Mocha.js: It’s a testing framework and it allows us to test in both console as well as in the browser.
- Express.js: It’s basically to develop effective mobile and web applications. It’s the minimal framework for web development using Node.JS and Express.js.
- Passport.js: Passport.js is an authentication tool for Node.JS. It provides us a range of 300 different ways for authenticating our website or app.
- Socket.io: It is the library that enables cross-browser bi-directional communication between two web servers. It is extremely proficient in developing real-time apps across all web browsers and most mobile devices. It is one of the most rapid and most reliable real-time engines.
- Mongoose: It’s an object data modelling (ODM) library that integrates both MongoDB and Node.JS.
- Protactor.js: It’s an end-to-end testing framework. Which is used for functional testing in AngularJS applications.
Why to use Node.JS for your backend?
Node.JS uses an event-driven and non-blocking I/O model which makes it light weight, speedy and efficient performer.
Some cases are like real-time applications (live gaming, voting polls, chat boxes), single page application development, generating live reports for data entry.
Why to use Node.JS for your frontend?
Whether we know it or not, we are using Node.JS in a day to day life regularly. Everyday knowingly or unknowingly we are running it. Like we have automated some tasks for our daily life like, to-do list, reminders or some chat boxes we use.
Tools like Grunt, Gulp, Brower has leveraged the capabilities of Node.JS to improve our software development.
But yes Node.JS was built to use it as a server-side runtime environment so there is not much into front-end development.
How can you hire a Node.JS developer?
If you’re looking for hiring Node.JS developer, Coruscate is the perfect technology partner for your mobile and web application development.
For an example, our client, Loan Studio asked for a mobile application, which includes total 7 types of loan products including home loans, car loans, and machinery loans.
- These individual loan requires a different set of documents and follow different processes to get approval.
- The to and fro involved in processing a loan is high
- When your loan repayment period is over, you need to get NOC from the bank to mark the loan closure.
- You are seldom aware of the loan interest rates, the new laws and etc. pertaining to the loans
- The users are not very pro about the banks that make loans easy
- The client wanted a system that could handle end-to-end loan processing.
So we offered them an application based on Node.JS as a solution to help processing in an easier way.
- Pre-defined checklist for the individual loan
- The user can upload the required documents.
- Validation of the documents
- CIBIL score and bases on loan type suggestion on where to apply
During the development phase, we got one error like, already the application is being developed in a static manner and later on they asked for a dynamic one. So with Node.JS changing the codes and the needed stuff was easier and not tedious job.
Our clients ask for PHP or JAVA based developed application but then by advising them based on our previous delivered solution and the benefits of Node.JS along with the features, they make up their mind to get it done in Node.JS.
Our technical team are always happy to look into your requirement and figure out the right solution for the same. Let’s get connected!