How Important is Mobile App Testing When Developing an Application?
Mobile is a vast world of opportunities. This small device carries with it opportunities that can help businesses grow and become more visible. However, developing a mobile application is not as easy as it seems to be. You can’t just think of an app idea without mobile app testing and get started with the development the very next day. It requires a lot of planning and needs a thorough understanding of what you really want to achieve with your mobile app.
There is a proper process, which if followed, will help you get your app out in the market as soon as possible before your competition can even think through the app idea.
While planning is very important for the thoroughness of development, testing is important for ensuring a high quality and perfectly tuned app is launched to the market. Testing helps developers launch an app that meets the quality requirements stated by the app store.
Before we launch into the benefits and strategies surrounding mobile app testing, let’s understand what mobile app testing truly means.
Importance of Mobile App Testing
- Mobile app testing is a process that helps in checking the functionality, usability and consistency of the mobile app. The testing process is in line with the app store requirements. The mobile app testing can either be done manually or automatically. There are various tools and processes available that make testing of the apps easy and seamless. In current times, to reduce the time taken to develop and launch the apps, the apps are tested at the same time as the development occurs. Here are the top reasons why mobile app testing is important for your business app.
- The quality assurance is one of the major reasons why the app should be tested. Whether or not your app is flawless and able to perform all the fundamental functions listed out, is a question best answered with testing. The various app functions are thoroughly tested by the QA team before they give a go-ahead for the app.
- The app testing ensures that the business is able to generate the revenue against the investment made by them. The business has made investments in developing, maintaining and marketing the app. They have also invested in launching in app. The testing will ensure that all the investments are properly utilized and the returns are good on the investment.
- The app testing process helps enhance the app’s user interface. With proper testing, the testers are able to determine whether the app is user-friendly or not. Here are a few things that the mobile app testing helps determine.
- Check if the app is easy to use or not.
- Determines the average load time and speed of the app.
- Helps check for customer satisfaction.
With the help of proper mobile app testing process, you are able to keep an eye on the feedback provided by the users, and understand what they truly need. You are able to offer the user experience the users are looking for with the help of the feedback you have received.
Step-by-Step Process For Mobile App Testing
Here are the steps that you need to follow when you are testing the mobile app.
1. Identify the Testing Methods: Based on the type of mobile app that is being developed and the goals you aim to achieve, the testing method will be determined for the mobile application.
For instance, in some cases automated testing will help complete the job while for others you need a combination of manual and automated. You will need to identify this before you can actually begin with mobile app testing.
2. Test Cases: Once you are ready with the methods to be followed, you need to start preparing the test cases. It will help you start testing the app immediately.
3. Testing Automated/Manual: At this point, you will need to work on scripts that can be reused and identify them. You will need to identify the various ways in which you can complete the testing process, and ensure seamless working of the application. Once the test cases and the strategies are worked upon, you can start executing the scripts.
4. Beta Testing: This is the point where you will test the first phase launch of the mobile application. The pilot group of beta users will be given the app for testing. They will use the app and help you understand where you have gone wrong with the app development.
5. Performance Testing: Once the beta testing is performed and the feedback received, you will need to test the app for its performance. This includes loading time, the responsiveness of the app and the stability of the application.
6. Device Testing: You will need to test the app for the various devices, across OS and other compatibility factors. There are various mobile app testing tools available in the market that will help you test the app for the various devices.
Finally, you need to keep a test case sheet handy that you can go to at any point in time. At the end of the process, the Quality Assurance (QA) team is required to have a test report sent to the development team. Based on the report, the mobile app developers will work on the changes and revisions.
Tips For Successful Mobile Application Testing
- Budget your testing well in advance for a successful completion of the process. There are various tools and frameworks available in the market that will help you succeed in testing the mobile. The choice of the framework as well as the tool will depend on the budget and the timeline. Make sure you have a cost plan in hand.
- Instead of planning for testing after the mobile app has been developed, try introducing the testing early on into the app development process. You can simultaneously develop and test the app for better results and easier app handling.
- If you have not planned for mobile app testing, chances of failing the testing are high. You need to ensure you have practically approached all aspects of testing and planned for all the challenges and issues beforehand. This way you would be able to release the app on time.
- Don’t look at any problem from a single perspective. For instance, looking at the issue from a design or development aspect might ruin the issue. You need to involve all the teams to make the problem easy to solve.
Testing is an important aspect of mobile app development, and it has been established thoroughly in here. However, it is important that you allow a well-qualified team with testing expertise to take care of your testing requirements.
Coruscate partners with you for end-to-end mobile app development, which includes testing and launch of the application to the market. If you are looking for a thorough solution for your mobile app idea, get in touch with us and we’ll be right back to understand your requirements.
Build Gett Like Taxi App : Gett is getting ready for the IPO in 2020, you can be the next with taxi booking app development
Gett is different from Uber and Lyft as it offers the rides at completely flat pricing and works with licensed taxi drivers. The Israeli startup does not use surge pricing …
Uber IPO couldn’t raise the expected amount – Just being a brand is not the enough – Things you should keep in mind to start your own taxi booking business
Uber commenced below its IPO price on Friday but they ended up at a lower price which was more than 7% less. The valuation was even below $80 billion. Uber …