How to Use Augmented Reality In Mobile App Development?
Say or hear Augmented Reality, and you imagine yourself sneaking through the doors in search of the Pokemon characters while playing the famous Pokemon Go game. Yes, it definitely got us more hooked to the phone and improved our version of virtual with a pint of reality.
For the past two years, if you have been following the mobile app trends clearly, you would see that AR tops the list. Augmented Reality will not only improve the mobile app experience, but also enhance how we view mobility in general, and how consumers view virtual and reality.
Augmented Reality apps will improve the performance and services of many industries. For instance, the retail industry thrives on trying on before buying. This is not possible online, which is why several people have to return the clothes they buy online. But, this can stop with a little nudge from AR. The integration of this technology can allow you to check how the clothes would appear on your body size, and whether or not it will fit properly. This will help you with your buying decision.
Here are some of the industries that will be disrupted by Augmented Reality.
Industries Disrupted by AR
Retail will be the first industry to be disrupted with the application of Augmented Reality. IKEA Place App is already making provisions for the same. Before buying the furniture, you can check virtually, how the particular piece of furniture will appear in the room. The makeup industry can also benefit from this application. You will know which lipstick or nail paint looks good on you, as you can try it through the AR app.
Yes, this is one industry that will benefit hugely from AR application. It will help them grasp the concepts and even improve the level of interactivity within the classrooms.
Taking a tour of the grounds before applying for the loan and buying the property is now possible virtually with the help of AR apps. You can get a 3D view of the properties and the estates with the help of AR. Augmented reality for business in the real estate industry works to the t in capturing the consumers and driving conversions.
Media and Entertainment:
Snapchat is an apt example of how AR is leading to entertainment. There are many apps with filters that intend to entertain you and engage you.
Knowing what is troubling you and identifying the cure has become easy for those without a hospital nearby. The AR applications help you connect with the doctor, and take them into your pains virtually, thus allowing them to help you from a distance.
Helping you with detailed assembly and easing the production, AR seems to be assisting the manufacturing industry. They also help with quality assurance
How AR Helps?
AR mobile apps help businesses succeed in many ways. Here we will discuss the major AR benefits with mobile apps.
- If you want to market your product to the consumers, you need to pose your business with some attractive content. This is possible with the help of Augmented Reality. It helps you give a virtual form of reality in the form of content to entice the consumers.
- Interactive and entertaining products will compel the users to spend some time on your platform, thus increasing conversions. The end result is profitable for your business.
- You can improve the visibility and brand authority for your business. You can even bring the offerings, no longer at the top of the minds of the business owners, to limelight with AR.
- You can reach the defined target audience with the help of AR apps. The younger audience are more connected with AR than the other segments.
Choosing the SDK for AR App Development
Now that you know why and how AR helps in mobile apps, it is time to choose the SDK to be able to develop the perfect AR app.
- Start with choosing the SDK that does not come with any licensing complications. Choose one that is free to use. This will help you lower the cost of development. Make sure, even when you are choosing the paid ones, they are easy on the subscription fee.
- The AR SDKs should ideally support the platform you are building the app for or, at least offer cross-platform compliance. There is the ARKit 2.0 available with iOS, which allows you to create AR solutions for iOS. If you want to develop for both platforms, then the SDK choice should be made accordingly.
- If you are planning on developing a marker-based app, then you need to get the cloud service support as well. This will reduce the size of the apps. However, if the apps are not going to use a lot of markers then you can develop an application that works offline as well.
- Geolocation support needs to be extended to apps that are location-based or integrate the maps. Pokemon Go, one of the best-augmented reality apps, is an excellent example of how geolocation is important for AR apps.
When choosing the SDK, make sure you check that it supports 3D tracking as well as smart glasses.
The market is flooded with tools that can support you with AR app development. You will need to choose one that befits your needs and has proper documentation.
Coruscate has been developing AR apps for specific business requirements. If you have an idea waiting to be converted into an AR solution, connect with us now.
Note: We do not make clones of any exact application, clone means to us is how better we can execute your app idea with existing app features and experience.
On Demand Car Wash mobile app development tips : Incorporate these Features to your On-demand Car Wash App to Grow your Business
What started with Uber, has penetrated all industries known, including the food delivery apps and laundry services. It is gradually spreading into the lesser known industries as well, such as…
AR technology takes a leap in becoming the futuristic technology with the launch of Google Maps’ Live View feature
Google has launched a beta version of its augmented reality walking directions feature for Google Maps. This is a broader launch that will be available to all iOS and Android devices that have system-level support for AR.
Why Bird launches Bird Maps in Paris: In-depth analysis of Paris’s shared-mobility revolution
The Bird Mobility has launched a new navigation app called Bird Maps in Paris and Tel Aviv to provide turn-by-turn navigation to riders who are using micro-mobility services on the…