How Our HRMS Solution Improved Employee Engagement?
Elvee Jewels, a leading jewellery manufacturer and trader, wanted a solution that could
assist them with managing their HR systems and policies. Our team at Coruscate with
their in-depth understanding of the human resources department and technology
expertise came up with an HRMS system that would enable them to manage and
maintain their resources, and improve employee engagement.
The Broad Requirements
They manufacture furniture pieces. They have franchises of their retail outlets that sell the manufactured goods to the end customers.
- The system should be able to manage the salary structure, leave policies, in/out timings as well as other HR policies for the individual employees.
- The employees should be able to view their in/out timings, the remaining leaves, their payslip, etc.
- The management and team lead should have a bird’s eye view into each employee’s salary, leaves, late coming, overtime etc. The management should be able to see each leave taken, and whether it has been approved or not. Same goes for late coming and overtime.
- The taxes should be calculated on a MoM basis. The system should be able to calculate the taxes automatically, leaving no room for error. This should take into account the government induced policies as well as other tax related norms.
- The salaries should be transferred into the accounts on time, which requires an efficient payroll system.
- The report generation for particular details should be prompt and proper.
How ERP Helped Improve Sales?
We proposed a comprehensive HRMS combined with payroll system for the client. This was a role-based system. The system increased the transparency between the employees and the management, thus boosting overall productivity and efficiency of the business. Elvee jewels was able to increase employee engagement and empower them with the help of this solution.
In the Employee Side
- In/out time: The employees can view their in/out time. They can regularize their timing, if they have a valid reason for not completing the designated hours. They can even check how many warnings they have received for not coming on time.
- Leaves: The employee can apply for leaves using the system. They can even check the number of leaves left and the types of leaves they can avail.
- Overtime: There would be times when the employee would sit overtime to finish a project. They can apply for overtime salary and perks, as per their policy, through the system.
- In case the employee is late or has done overtime, they will know the hours that will be counted. In case of late, the employee will have to undergo a punishment, which is pre-defined.
In the Management Side
- Attendance: They can check the attendance for each employee. The biometrics data is directly configured into the HRMS system.
- In case the employee is late, they can approve or disapprove the late coming (i.e. if there is a reason). They can even add the punishment and approve it.
- In case of overtime, the employer or the team lead can approve the number of hours.
They can check if the employee is on leave, and what type of leave they have applied for.
- If they want to know how many employees are on a leave on a particular day, they can generate the reports.
- They can generate attendance, overtime and late hours report for the whole month/week.
The payroll can be managed by the employers for quick release of salaries.
- The incentives are decided at the start. These incentives are added to the payroll system. If the employer wants to calculate the incentive along with the regular salary, they can do it automatically.
- In case an employee has demanded advance payment, it will be automatically deducted from the final salary.
- The final salary calculation is automated based on the leaves, attendance and other factors added to the algorithm.
- The algorithm also takes into account the taxes applicable for the resources on a monthly basis.
- The dashboard allows the manager to see a complete view of the employees, salary and leaves.
- Here are three stages of approval for each i.e. leave, overtime and late hours. The admin level approval, the manager level approval and the management level approval.
- Managing and routing the data from biometrics into the HRMS
- Getting data from the various excels into the HRMS system
- There was an increase in the productivity of the employees, as they were aware of the warnings, the late ins as well as the overtime hours.
- The payroll and HR system was automated, which allowed the business to concentrate on the main tasks, while the salaries were credited on time.
- The increased level of transparency led to better employee retention.