E-bike app development: Know top e-bike apps, features and cost to develop e-bike app, all in the one place, narrated by industry experts
All thanks to urbanization, more and more people are moving towards the cities and so, the existing infrastructure of the cities cannot cope up with the sudden explosion of the people. Sensing the future chaos, city planners and government authorities have already started working ceaselessly to make cities future-ready and people-centric by making them accessible to basic needs like clean water, clean air, better road connectivity, and better job opportunities.
However, there is one aspect of a sustainable city which is still lacking behind. It is the last mile connectivity. It is impossible for every city planner and government to connect all points of the city and suburbs with the public transportation system. It is a costly and unprofitable step.
In such an unsettled situation, micro-mobility startups evolve as the guardian angel. These startups can easily solve the last-mile connectivity problem by making people accessible to smart micro-mobility vehicles seamlessly. These vehicles are eco-friendly, much more affordable, and fun to ride.
Many city councils have already tied up with such micro-mobility startups to offer the last-mile connectivity solutions to residents. Investors are also pouring millions of dollars in micro-mobility startups. And people? Well, they are ready than ever to give up on their cars and opt for micro-mobility vehicles such as e-scooters, e-bikes for the daily commute.
So, if you are an entrepreneur and planning to develop an e-bike app, we will, in this blog, put forth the very crucial guide as the top e-bike app development company and industry expert.
Different operating models of the micro-mobility business and which one is the best
When you decide to start the micro-mobility business, you have more than one operating model. While this multi-operating model of the business enables you to choose the most suitable operating model, it itself is a challenge to choose the ‘most suitable operating model’!
Following are the top two major operating models of the micro-mobility business.
- E-scooter sharing business: In e-scooter sharing business, you accommodate e-scooters in your fleet and let users rent them through the mobile app.
- E-bike sharing business: In e-bike sharing business, you accommodate e-bikes in your fleet and let users rent e-bikes through the mobile app.
Here, it is worth mentioning that both of these operating models have two sub-models – dockless and docked. In a dockless operating model, you are operating an e-scooter or e-bike sharing business in freestyle, without stations. Whereas, in the docked operating model, you build stations and users are only allowed to pick up and drop your micro-mobility vehicles at one of those stations. Considering the extra resources required to run a micro-mobility business with the docked operating model, it is not a recommended operating model.
Which one is better?
Your fleet drives your micro-mobility business. And this is why we are also deciding the most suitable operating model based on the fleet!
An e-bike sharing business is more profitable and easy to run than an e-scooter sharing business. And there are many reasons for it.
- Due to his previous riding knowledge, a rider is safer on an e-bike than e-scooter.
- The maintenance cost of the e-bike is not much compared to e-scooter.
- Carrying out maintenance of e-bike is very easy.
- An e-bike is more durable than an e-scooter.
- The average lifespan of the e-bike is 3 years, whereas the average lifespan of the e-scooter is just 28 days.
These are the game-changing factors, influencing the profitability and user experience heavily.
So now, if you have decided to develop an e-bike app for starting the e-bike sharing business, let’s move ahead and discuss the top e-bike apps, top features of e-bike app and cost of e-bike app development.
Top e-bike apps allowing users to hop on e-bikes ‘painlessly’
Following are the top 3 e-bike sharing startups, operating e-bike sharing programs in cities and even in universities and corporate parks.
Zagster is one of the early players of the micro-mobility market. It was founded by Drexel University graduates Timothy Ericson and Jason Meinzer in 2007. It is headquartered in Boston and runs its e-bike sharing business across the USA, in more than 200 locations. A few most profitable business terrains of the Zagster include Princeton University, Cornell University, Yale University, Salem, MA, Cleveland, Ohio, Quicken Loans, Hyatt, General Motors, The Related Companies, Irvine Company and Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts.
Social Bicycle Inc. is doing business as Jump. It is a dockless scooter and bike-sharing system (acquired by Uber in 2018) operating its business in Canada, USA and many European countries. Recently, Jump announced to drop e-bikes on the streets of the world’s most livable city Melbourne. Each Jump bike meets the requirements of the government and has a 250-watt electric motor which powers the front wheel.
Wheels was founded by Jonathan and Joshua Viner in 2018. They accommodate both e-scooters and e-bikes in their fleet. Wheels raised $37 million in its investment capital. As of now, Wheels is running its micro-mobility business in some of the most profitable markets such as Los Angeles, Austin, San Diego, and its neighbourhoods like Little Italy, and Pacific Beach. The unique hardware of the Wheels is one of the reasons why Wheels manages to be profitable in the intensified market. Top features of Wheels e-bike include a top speed of 22 mph, 30-mile range, padded seat, 14-inch bicycle tires, and built-in Bluetooth speaker.
Top e-bike app features you have to integrate into e bike sharing app
Following are the top features you must ask your hired e-bike app development company to add in the e-bike app to ensure the highest-ever customer satisfaction.
- Users should be able to sign up by giving the least possible details.
- Users should be able to add additional information from the profile menu.
- Users should be able to add a payment method and card details.
- Users should be able to find the nearest e-bike and book it.
- Users should be able to navigate themselves to the booked e-bike from the app itself.
- Users should be able to unlock the e-bike by scanning the QR code printed on the e-bike.
- Users should be able to add coupon code while unlocking the e-bike.
- Users should be able to end the ride whenever they want.
- Users should be able to see the ride information like fare, distance and time.
- Users should be able to pay for the ride automatically or manually.
- Users should be able to see riding history and payment history.
- Users should be able to upload photos of parked e-bike.
- Users should be able to talk to a customer service executive from the app itself.
- Users should be able to report any mechanical fault in the bike.
What is the cost of the most supreme e-bike app development service?
Coruscate is the top e-scooter app development company which has developed many e-scooter apps and e-bikes apps for different markets.
We accommodate 100+ app developers, app designers, IoT engineers, business experts, legal advisers, and success managers who all work together to make your business profitable from the first month.
Our app developers, app designers and IoT engineers develop e-bike apps in such a way that it attracts more users than your rivals.
Our business experts and legal advisers help micro-mobility startups to decide on the business model, draft the business plan, study the market, acquire the permit and select the hardware.
The cost to develop an e-bike app depends on the app development approach you choose.
- We can develop a custom e-bike app with all custom features which costs somewhere between $15000 to $25000.
- The price to develop the clone app of some popular e-bike apps starts from $10000.
- And the subscription plan of the white label e-bike app solution starts from just $500.
If you still have a query or want to get a personalized quote along with free e-bike app demo and consultation, please feel free to contact us.
Note: We do not make clones of any exact application, clone means to us is how better we can execute your app idea with existing app features and experience.
Everything you need to know while starting your own e-scooter business in the year 2019
The e-scooter market size across the world is expected to reach $41.98 billion by 2030. There has been a tremendous rise in the adoption of electric scooter service due to the growing customer awareness about eco-friendly transportation. The decline in raw material prices and a growing focus on sustainable transportation infrastructure is expected to fuel the demand for e-scooters.
Razor E-Scooters Launches A Series Of Pocket-Friendly Scooters In The Market
Razor, the organization that helped kick off the scooter furore about two decades back, has quite recently uncovered another setup of reasonable electric bikes for grown-ups. The California-based organization is…
A recently launched e-scooter app in a Brazilian city Aracaju is the green signal for other startups to build an e-scooter app in Brazil
The buzz surrounding the micro-mobility industry is overwhelming. The profitable business model of the electric scooter sharing business has gained tremendous attention of top venture capitalists. According to the McKinsey,…