How to Plan Your On-demand Grocery Business App During Covid-19?
With more and more people shutting their shops to work from home, the market is moving online. The on-demand sector should be prepared for a sudden increase in demand. We have already discussed how the on-demand segment will be affected in our previous article.
We will here, like to elaborate on how Covid-19 will increase the demand for on-demand grocery, and why your business needs to plan for an app solution catering to the rising needs now?
Though not all countries have quarantined themselves, there is a full chance that you will need to shut shop and stay indoors for a while, just as a precautionary measure. At this point, the on-demand deliveries will act as your savior
When we are talking of an on-demand grocery business app during Covid-19 times, we need to plan it accordingly. Care needs to be taken to incorporate the features that will play an important role in ensuring good user experience and helps users meet their needs.
Why On-demand Grocery App as a Response Measure for Covid-19?
The on-demand grocery app has been offering convenience to shoppers. You don’t need to wait in long queues or get the deliveries home, all by yourself.
However, in the case of Covid-19, when people are forced to sit at home, the on-demand grocery app will serve them with all the necessary things to make sure the house is stocked. Here we will talk about the benefits associated with the on-demand grocery app.
- When you move out of the house to shop for groceries, you will end up in a mart where there are lots of shoppers. The chances of contracting the virus or testing positive for Coronavirus increases. This will lead to an increase in the spread and eventually cause more panic. Instead, people can call for the same groceries, and take the necessary preventive measures during this time
- The deliveries can be left outside your home, which means you won’t need to meet the delivery executive. This way, you will ensure that neither you nor the delivery person manages to spread the virus. these deliveries will ensure safety for both the employees and the customers
- The deliveries happen at your place, which means you won’t need to carry all the stock you are piling for the tough times on your own. This will save a lot of time and energy, and you will find it more convenient at this hour.
Go Beyond the Basics for Covid-19
When you are delivering an on-demand grocery solution for the Covid-19 times, you need to think beyond the basic features so that you can increase conversions.
#1 Think Safety
We all know that the virus spread through contact, which means you need to minimize the contact, even if you are talking of on-demand deliveries. When the person is ordering online, there is this one percent doubt in their mind related to the sanitization of the product. This doubt does not allow them to purchase the goods online. However, if you ensure all safety practices and talk to the customer about how you sanitize every product and shelf to make sure that they are devoid of the virus, you will get more people to purchase online. Make sure you talk to people about all your quality practices. You could even add it to your deliveries so that people trust you and see you for your transparency.
#2 Manage Inventory and Supply Chain
When you are dealing with times when the demand for most of the products is going to be high, you need to manage the inventory well and ensure that the supply chain is smooth and seamless.
When you create the mobile app, make sure that the app is integrated with the existing systems so that the inventory is automatically updated, and the retailer is able to stock the essentials as per the demand.
The use of intelligent technologies such as AI and IoT can help you forecast the demand for a particular product, and will help you identify what and how you need to stock things up for the coming demand. At times like this, there is no way you can work on the demand and inventory management without inducing some smart technology, as people change and so does the demand.
#3 Contact less Deliveries
This third point becomes very important as you want to make sure that the person delivers, but manages to keep out of contact. This will prove to be safe for both the employee and the customer.
So, when the customer orders for the groceries, you can assure the customer of contactless deliveries.
Apart from this, the employee should take all the necessary care to make sure that they wear a mask while traveling and sanitize their hands. This way they will be able to protect themselves in the process.
In the app, include a feature that will allow users to select contactless deliveries.
Plan the App Before Launching
When you are developing an app for on-demand grocery solutions, you need to plan the app before you can release it to the market. There are several things that you should keep in mind.
- The app should include all the basic features, but it should majorly be easy-to-use and functional from the user’s perspective. You don’t want to create an app solution that requires a steep learning curve or, features that most of the users are unable to use
- Apart from technology, the aesthetics and appeal of the app play an important role. You need to make sure that the deliverables are carefully planned, and you keep in mind the quality of the app solution before defining it into the app
- Educate your users and stay proactive in your approaches towards extending help during these times. Make sure your customer service is always available, and you are able to help people with their difficulties
Choose a technology partner who can ably help you connect with the customers with a good and functional app solution.
Coruscate can offer the right kind of on-demand grocery app solutions to cater to your unique needs. we have been devising these solutions for a while now, and have gained good expertise in the industry and have delivered unique and effective solutions in the niche.
With us as your partner, you can effectively convert your app idea into a possible solution.
The on-demand grocery app solution is an effective way of delivering the groceries and ensuring proper stock at your home. However, the only way you can get people to use it is if you create a functional and easy-to-use solution.
Combine your knowledge with thorough market research and the needs of the customer during Covid-19. With this splendid combination, you should be able to devise the perfect app.
Note: We do not make clones of any exact application, clone means to us is how better we can execute your app idea with existing app features and experience.
Why Bird launches Bird Maps in Paris: In-depth analysis of Paris’s shared-mobility revolution
The Bird Mobility has launched a new navigation app called Bird Maps in Paris and Tel Aviv to provide turn-by-turn navigation to riders who are using micro-mobility services on the…
Conquer The Hardships Witnessed During The Development Of An On-Demand Mobile Application
There has been a phenomenal inclination towards the usage of on-demand mobile applications over the past few years considering the global rise in the demand for smartphones and mobile applications…