- A system where all the three main players of the retail agriculture system can communicate, buy/sell and deliver products on time.
- The farmer should be able to define the products they want to sell, the quantity and the price.
- The units should be standardized, irrespective of the units added by the farmer to reduce the manual work.
- Agents should be assigned areas and farmers by the system.
We devised a B2B marketplace where the area admin, the farmers and the retail markets could collaborate, and sell the farm goods. Our solution was basically a mobile app cum website that made it easy for the farmers to add the goods they want to sell, and the end consumers to pick the farm products they want to buy.
Adding Products: The mobile application allowed the farmers to add the products they want to sell, in the desired quantity and pricing.
Assigning area admin: Each agent is given a defined area. They can connect with the farmers in that area, and buy products from them at the said rates. These products are then delivered to the markets at the rate the agents have defined. The markets would know the price difference and the farmers would also be aware of the prices that the agent is selling it for.
Transport cost: The system automatically calculates the cost of the transportation of these products based on the weight and distance of the order. Along with the cost, the system also identifies the best transportation match for the products to be transferred.
Reports: The automation of reports makes it easy to keep a check on the orders booked for the month, the status of the orders, and real-time tracking into the delivery of the orders.
Conversion algorithm: The standardization of the units was important, as the farmers added their product weight using different units. The system used to convert the units added by the farmers into standard units, as defined by the admin.
Localization: The content was localized based on context rather than the content itself.
- The losses accounted for by the system reduced majorly with this B2B marketplace.
- The farmers and area admin could deliver orders in faster way, thus improving the conversions at the retail markets.
- Sales improved 2x times with this solution.