- Search: We introduced a search feature into the application, which allowed the members to search for the other members who they wanted to communicate with easily
- Event Management: The web application allowed you to manage the events. Everything from event invite to emails to the other communication was done through the website. The admin had full control on what needs to be sent and when. Once automated, the emails are sent to the members. Same feature has been added for the retreat as well. The retreat was also managed by the system. It would notify the users about the upcoming retreat, the place, itinerary and send out timely reminders.
- Point Management: The organization had a system to record points. Whenever they wanted to see who received how many points or who has been served with a notice for no-participation, they simply needed to get on to the site and the details are available.
- Offer Management: The organization could offer value added services and manage the discounts the members can avail through this site. The members can see everything that is related to them .
Based on the needs defined by an NGO, we developed a version 2.0 for this website cum mobile application. The proposed features for the second version were as follows.
Syncing Events: The events added to the Google calendar are automatically synced with the application, and the reminders are sent out on the day prior as well as an hour prior.
Emergency: The NGO needed to communicate blood requirements to their members so that they can offer timely help during emergencies. This application would not only offer the blood group of the members but also communicate their consent. This will help in resolving the emergencies quickly.
- The application helped members connect with other members and resolve emergencies quickly, thus improving engagement through the organization.
- The user experience improved with the application.