AI-based virtual tutor Buddy raised $1M seed funding: Build your own uber for tutors app with Coruscate
MyBuddy.AI, a San Francisco based ed-tech startup that develops AI-based virtual tools to help kids learn English raised $1 million seed investment from venture capital firm LETA Capital to expand new markets and develop new features including mini-classes about how to stay healthy.
Virtual AI-powered cartoon character – Buddy the robot, is making spoken English courses affordable for about 500M children around the world by automating 80% of tutoring work at 2% of the cost. The company nominated for “best educational experience” at the 2019 Voice Summit and also won the Global Ed-tech Startups award (GESAwards 2020) for the most innovative product in the world.
In January 2020, MyBuddy.ai merged with the EdTech startup-Edwin that also focuses on English learning and its investors include General Catalyst, Y Combinator and Google Assistant Investments Program. Edwin offers a chatbot based on adaptive learning and language understanding AI and an on-demand tutoring service. The combined company kept the name MyBuddy.ai.
The timing of the company’s seed investment round is striking as there is a growing demand for online education amidst the current pandemic situation all over the world. Let’s establish some common ground with regard to digital tutoring.
Why develop Uber for tutors app?
In USA online tutoring is $132M market and growing at average 6% annually. During a lockdown situation where major schools and colleges have shut down e-learning is the only option left to have uninterrupted education. Social distancing and quarantine are major practices that boost digital learning in the pandemic period. It’s like a win-win situation for everyone as students will not miss out on their studies, tutors will have a source of income during the lockdown and business owners will yield a profit.
How uber for tutors app work?
- Students can sign up for the app and search through the list of tutoring services that match their interests.
- Students then request tutors to avail of their service based on their availability status and reviews from their past students.
- Tutors will receive service requests through the app and as per their convenience they can either accept or reject the requests.
- Students get notified if the request is accepted.
- Students and tutors can connect as per their schedule to avail of the services.
- Students can pay for the services to tutors through multiple payment modes integrated into the app.
- Students can rate and review the tutoring service they received.
Features to consider while developing uber for tutors app:
- Register with phone number
- Search for tutor/services
- Estimated service cost
- Book a tutor
- View/Edit/Delete bookings
- In-app calender
- Make payment
- Push notification
- Rate and review
- Log in to the app
- Manage tutors
- Manage users
- Manage service categories
- Manage bookings
- Manage payments
- Push notifications
- In-app message/call
- Register with an app
- Accept/reject booking requests
- Manage bookings
- In-app calender
- Manage students
- In-app map
- In-app message/call
- Feedback and rate students
- Make groups of the students with the same services
- Group chat
- Student performance records
- Multi-lingual support
- Multiple bookings
- Video conferencing
- In-app payment
- Support and query resolution
Innovative ideas to enhance your business:
- Chatbot API:
You can integrate a chatbot within the user interface to help app leverage the frequently asked questions in a unique way by providing a prompt response.
- Machine learning algorithms:
It gets much difficult to identify micro-trends throughout consumer behavior in the tremendous traffic on the app. But through intuitive machine learning algorithms, you can put predictive analytics and data analysis to the best user of identifying the consumer trends and leveraging them further.
- Heat-view feature:
With the help of this feature, the admin can identify a particular location that has high demand and extend the search radius.
- Loyalty programs:
Students or tutors can refer anyone and if the new user joins using that referral link, the existing users will receive rewards or offers. This exercise may help you to get a wide userbase.
How to monetize the app?
- Set the unique price range for every course that you offer.
- Allow freelance tutors on your app and charge commission for that.
- Generate revenue by offering weekly/monthly/yearly subscription plans.
- Collaborate with organizations and companies and share their adverts on your app.
- Partner with publishers/certification providers/private schools/colleges to help them generate leads from your platform.
How Coruscate can help you to develop uber for tutors app:
The world seems to be on a halt to contain the covid-19 transmission, it is a very crucial time to support students to resume their learning. Coruscate is a top mobile app development company having an expert team of developers, business experts, legal advisers. We are here to assist you through the entire process of development and will be on standby for future supports. Contact us now to learn more about the tutor app. Get a personalized quotation and live app demo for your idea.
White Label Restaurant Food Delivery App Solution : Why choosing white label solution for your food delivery app is beneficial?
It is always a great feeling when we achieve something on your own. While that might be the case, having a technology partner to help you with the app development…
Why Bird launches Bird Maps in Paris: In-depth analysis of Paris’s shared-mobility revolution
The Bird Mobility has launched a new navigation app called Bird Maps in Paris and Tel Aviv to provide turn-by-turn navigation to riders who are using micro-mobility services on the…
Build an app like Opendoor or Opendoor clone app to change the way of buying and selling homes + How to Make an App Like Opendoor + Create an App like Opendoor + Apps Like Opendoor + Develop Alternative of Opendoor
You can think of earning more profits in real estate business by building Opendoor clone app for your customers to make selling and buying of homes more easy.
On-demand App Development: Cost-effective and prompt alternative of clone app and custom-built app development approaches
Deciding whether you should go for clone app or custom-built app for your on-demand app development project, will surely make you scratch your head. But after reading this blog, you…