Uber Eats has signed a 10-year partnership agreement with Nuro for autonomous delivery with Nuro's electric vehicles.
In a press release, the Company said that Customers can order food and goods from Uber Eats, and will be delivered with Nuro’s driverless electric vehicles.
The demand for Food delivery apps has increased over the past few years. Sometimes the demand-supply chain gets disrupted because of high demand and an insufficient number of delivery partners.
Using Robots and Automated Vehicles can be the solution to balance the demand-supply chain in this industry.
But Don’t You think this evolution brings various changes in the whole process and in the food delivery app?
First understand the process of how a food delivery system will work with driverless EVs.
- Let’s say you ordered something from Uber Eats.
- The Supplier will accept your order and prepare it for delivery.
- Then it will place the order bag in Nuro’s autonomous Electric vehicles for delivery with a locking system.
- This electric vehicle/robot will reach its destination and you have to go to the Car to pick up your order.
- You have to unlock and pick up the right order which is yours.
- Yay! Order Received🎉
Do you think that traditional food delivery apps are sufficient to deliver orders securely and authentically?
A Big Nooooo!
When you are thinking about adapting driverless deliveries with EVs, then the current version of delivery apps are not well-equipped to deliver your order to the right person and on time.
To build authenticity and security in this autonomous delivery system, you need to upgrade your food delivery applications too! Because winning the customer’s trust over the process is most important in any demand-supply chain.
So let’s see what kind of new changes or updates need to be made to develop future ready food delivery apps.
1. Add an Authentication System
When Customers are picking up their orders from EVs, you have to make sure that they’re picking up the right order.
- Build Different locking boxes to place the order in them.
- Add an authentication code to unlock their orders from EVs.
- Send this code to customers via your food delivery app.
- Customers can unlock the boxes with the right code and pick up their orders.
2. Send Alerts
As there is no human intervention in the delivery method, customers and suppliers both need to stay updated about the orders.
- Built-in feature that helps you send real-time alerts to your customers and suppliers.
- Send Alerts via your food delivery app, texts such as
- Hey! We picked up your order!
- Hey! We’re on the way to deliver your order.
- Hey! We will reach the destination in 5 minutes.
- Hey! We’ve arrived at the destination. Please pick up your order.
- Hey! Please verify your order with an authentication code.
- Order Delivered!
This is how you can constantly inform your customers and suppliers about the order via your food delivery app.
3. Constant Tracking of the order
It is very important to know where your order is as there are no human delivery partners involved.
- Integrate GPS system for live and real-time tracking of orders.
If something goes wrong you can know where these autonomous electric vehicles are and reach out to the destination as soon as possible.
4. Fix Waiting Time for a particular order
What if someone doesn’t show up to pick up their order? For how much time does a food delivery vehicle have to wait?
- Fix Waiting Time for one order to be picked up by the customers.
- If anybody does not show up, Instruct the delivery vehicle to move forward and skip the order.
These are some of the major changes you need to make in the food delivery apps to fulfil the requirements of technology, Customers and Automation.
Be an early bird to adapt to all these changes in your food delivery apps and set up your business like Uber Eats.
Adaptation to new technology is something that everybody does but adaptation at the right time makes you and your app different to stand out in the market.
If you are thinking about making a food delivery app for your business then we recommend that you hire a dedicated app development company.
App development company knows all in and outs of the whole development process. It is the best choice to hire a team of experts to develop a full-fledged advanced application.
How can Coruscate help you?
Coruscate is one of the leading app development companies. We have delivered 200+ software solutions for your clients.
We have also worked on Food Delivery Apps before so our team knows all the ins and outs of it. You can refer to our case study here.
We have an experienced team of developers, data scientists, UI UX designers, QA engineers and business analysts who will help you to develop a full-fledged food delivery app.
For more information, Contact Us
Disclaimer: The reference to Uber Eats is purely for the purpose of understanding for our readers. We at Coruscate Solutions are not encouraging the development of any clone script. We intend to inspire others with success stories and how aspiring business-owners can meet the standard set by some of the top brands.
We respect the trademarks and copyrights owned by Uber Eats and our intention is never to violate any of those.